600i Series Vertical Batch-Sputtering System
The 600i Series features dual load lock, in-line, RF / DC side sputtering batch systems
They are configured with an optional high vacuum load lock and three or four target positions and have a 13 x 13-inch pallet size. (unique pallet designs available).
The 600i Series systems are particularly popular for sensitive applications requiring target material that produces unusually high particulate contamination.
The 600i Series includes the 603i, 643i, 654i, and 654ix. The ix series systems offer an extended sputter area to increase process uniformity utilizing KDF’s “X-series”™ cathodes. The ix series also supports KDF’s new LMM™ cathode along with other cathodes designed by our in house cathode design team.
Both the 654i and the 654ix offer four-target versatility. All 600i series systems can also be enhanced with scan velocity profiling. The 600i series systems all meet the Semiconductor S2-0706 safety spec as part of the standard system package, a CE option for the European community is available. Pulsed DC sputtering via Advanced Energy Pinnacle Plus is also available.
All 600i series system have remote PC accessibility allowing for software upgrades & file repair via an Internet Ethernet connection. Full documentation is standard and is available on std. paper, clean room paper or an electronic CD version. For those applications that require an extra level of cleanliness or handling the Robotic option is available.
In line with your process
The most reliable in-line sputtering tools in the industry are developed and manufactured by KDF. All of KDF’s systems are engineered to meet versatility and high throughput demands across a number of markets at the industry’s lowest cost of ownership.
- Mainstream silicon
- Emerging materials
- Flat panel displays
- Optical communications
- Medical devices
Across all platforms, KDF’s in-line batch sputtering systems are easier to use and maintain than cluster tools. KDF’s solutions provide users with increased:
- Film uniformity
- Throughput run to run
- Process stability
- Tool uptime
- Environmental health and safety benefits
KDF meets the needs of its customers by quickly developing tailored solutions and building on its core competencies. KDF can specifically engineerits tools for increased throughput, ROI or time to market. All existing KDF equipment is supported with upgrades and retrofits. In addition, as theOEM for MRC batch systems, KDF sustains all MRC batch products offering complete parts and service support on a world wide basis.
603i, 643i, 643ix, 654i and 654ix
The 600i Series is targeted towards sensitive applications using both standard materials and those that produce particulate contamination. The tools in this family surpass the criteria for deposition of thin films in high-density devices and other applications requiring absolutely minimal defects.
- Vertical side sputtering systems
- 13” x 13” pallet size
- Small footprint
- Dual-process loadlock
- Optional OPUS Robot designed for particulate-free, reliable cassette to cassette substrate handling operations
- Multiple bias types enable denser films and planarization
- Multi-size capability enables rapid change from one substrate to another; substrate size can be changed run to run (pallet based)
- Optional integrated RGA for process and fault monitoring of gas peaks along with integrated hivac step
- New in situ pallet optical measurement hardware with integrated software allowing operators to program and control actual pallet temperature
The 600i Series features multi-process sputtering for increased process flexibility and higher throughput. The 600ix Series family also features a special application Linear Moving Magnetron™ Cathode. The patented design of the LMM™ Cathode is engineered for efficiency in today’s most demanding applications by providing bulletproof high-rate reactive process, full face erosion and low particle generation. In addition, the 600i Series can handle one 8” wafer and as many as thirty-six 2” wafers. Optional gas delivery systems allow for enhanced reactive processes.
The 603i is typically used for sensitive applications that utilize target material that produces unusually high particulate contamination. The base 603i with its rough pumped load lock allows users to achieve fast production exchange cycles. The 603i is typically used in telecommunications manufacturing, chip resistor and resistor network applications, along with a host of other manufacturing processes.
The 643i’s advanced mechanical and electrical design features results in tight process control, high reliability and extremely low defect rate. The 643i builds on the 603 base by adding a high vacuum pumped load lock with quartz heat lamps. Process control features include palletized batch processing area that allows instantaneous changing of wafer sizes, enabling a change of pallets to occur on any given run. For example, either front or back side GaAs wafer process can be accommodated. KDF maintains a large pallet library, offering clients pallets that are optimized for a wide range of applications.
Developed for the rapidly growing telecommunications and compound semiconductor markets, the four-target versatility of 654i tools can be applied to full range of leading edge microelectronic component manufacturing applications. The system provides enhanced etch and deposition uniformity and high-speed batch processing.
643ix and 654ix
The 643ix and 654ix are two of KDF’s x Series™ products. They feature the latest KDF cathode designs, which have been lengthened to 17 inches, offering improved uniformity over the entire pallet. x Series™ cathodes are available in both Planar™, Inset™ and RF/DC LMM™ cathode form, along with others in the KDF cathode family.
600i Series Vacuum Specifications
- Chamber ultimate ≤1 x 10-7 torr
- Chamber leak rate, 20 minutes to 1 x 10-4 torr
- High vacuum dome ultimate ≤1 x 10-7 torr.
- High vacuum dome leak rate, 15 minutes to 1 x 10-4 torr
- Pump down from atmosphere 110 minutes or less to 1 x 10-6 torr or 2 x 10-7 torr overnight.
600i Series System Hardware Features
- 12kW low stored energy DC power supplies (Advanced Energy). Optional Pinnacle Plus power supplies.
- Integrated throttling SS VAT valve allowing for upstream or downstream pressure control.
- MKS multi component “Smart” 390 and 925 gauges for integrated vacuum measurements
- Process gas control with up to four gas controllers; feedback controlled capacitance manometer; master/slave gas select ability; and gas ratio control.
- Stepper motor pallet carrier drive with optical encoder providing accurate programmable pallet carrier positioning, scan velocity profiling available
- Low pressure hydraulics system for safety and smooth operation.
- Loadlock linear sensor – computer controller positioning system for increased loadlock accuracy and more limited fail-safe.
- Optional 1.25 or 3.0 kW RF solid state power supply (Advanced Energ
- Complies with NFPA79 guidelines
- Consult factory for an extensive list of standard options.
600i Series Computer Sub-System
- Windows™ 10 based real-time GUI environment, coupled with 24” LCD touchscreen monitor mounted on an umbilicaled mobile HI cart.
- Context sensitive recipe manger running out of Microsoft® SQL database
- Fully integrated package for real-time data display, data logging fully compatible with Excel™, Lotus™ and other Windows™ applications, report generation, remote interface and printing
- Optional connectivity to SECS/GEM communication and Windows™ applications through and OPC server interface.
- Distributed Rockwell Control System utilizing Device Net and Ethernet IP field bus technologies
- Maintenance test suite with full diagnostic and manual process control capability
- Service friendly fully enclosed electronic cabinet
600i Series Basic Facility Requirements
- Power: 208 VAC, 3-phase, 100 Amps.
- Water: 6.5 GPM, 70 PSIG min., 10°C - 24°C
- Compressed Air: 85 - 100 PSIG.
- Process Gas: 25 PSIG 99.999%.
- Pure Gas: Dry N2